Subject Re: [firebird-support] winxp: Run firebird from commandprompt
Author Helen Borrie
At 06:57 PM 12/04/2007, you wrote:
>Hello
>
>I want to run firebird from the commandprompt (and eventually launch it from
>my own watchguard).
>How do I that?
>
>fbserver.exe just exists when I try to run it, and I cannot find any
>documented command arguments.

When you run fbserver.exe from the command-line it runs as an
application in the logged-on user's application space. There's
really nothing else to know - what command-line arguments were you
expecting? But it's better to run fbguard.exe (the Guardian) when
running fbserver as an application. It will start fbserver.exe
automatically and restart it if it crashes for some reason.

If you want documentation about how to install it from the
command-line as a service, to be started on demand, then it is all
documented in the readme file in the \doc subdirectory in readme.instsvc.txt.

./heLen