Subject Re: [firebird-support] Database corruption
Author Jacques Marneweck
On 04 Apr 2007 09:12:54 -0700, Ann W. Harrison <aharrison@...> wrote:
> Jacques Marneweck wrote:
> >
> > wrong page type
> > page 169452 is of wrong type (expected 7, found 5)
> > (Error message: Database error.) (0x8000000d)

Hi Ann,

Thanks for the response.

> What version of Firebird are you running? What you're seeing is
> a case where a page was incorrectly referenced in two contexts -
> one as a data page (which it is) and one as an index page. The
> repair is to drop and recreate the index in question - gfix should
> tell you which it is. That bug is fixed in 2.0.l - the release
> notes are a better place to find descriptions of bugs than the
> reference manual.

Currently we are running 1.5.3 in our test environment. What I
currently do at the moment is just "/opt/firebird/bin/gbak -r -c -v
db.bak db.fdb && chown firebird:firebird db.bak" to get things back to
a state for rerunning tests again.

What I did the other day was disable automatic sweeping (garbage
collection) on the firebird database in question. Is there any
recommended sweep interval which one should be doing with firebird?

Regards
--jm

> Once you get that problem in a database, it will be reported
> whenever you try to reference that page of that index, so fixing
> it is important.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ann

*snip*