Subject Re: MySQL Migration Trigger Issue
Author federonline
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Lester Caine <lsces@...> wrote:

> Kurt Federspiel wrote:

> >> Do note, that your trigger is set to fire on UPDATE,
> >> not INSERT.
> >
> > Oh, please....that was pathetic.
>
> Why? It's a statement of fact
> New data is INSERTED, the UPDATE trigger is only used when you
UPDATE existing
> records in the table. This way you can have different actions for
insert and
> update, although you can now use the same trigger for both.
>
> --
> Lester Caine - G8HFL
> -----------------------------
> Contact - http://home.lsces.co.uk/lsces/wiki/?page=contact
> L.S.Caine Electronic Services - http://home.lsces.co.uk
> MEDW - http://home.lsces.co.uk/ModelEngineersDigitalWorkshop/
> Treasurer - Firebird Foundation Inc. -
http://www.firebirdsql.org/index.php

CLARIFICATION.....

My inability to see I mixed up INSERT/UPDATE in an UPDATE Trigger was
pathetic. I was upset at myself and commenting on my OWN stupidity,
not the help I received!!! I'm sorry for the confusion!!!

Thanks again for all the help...it was RIGHT on target.
Kurt.