Subject RE: [firebird-support] Re: FBv1.53 customer moved to Win2003 server = big slowdown
Author Mercea Paul
Hi

Sometimes could appear slow performance if Firebird was installed via remote
desktop.

Installation should be made directly on server, not from remote (citrix, vnc
or remote desktop).

Regards,

Paul

From: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Nando Dessena
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 1:13 PM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] Re: FBv1.53 customer moved to Win2003 server
= big slowdown

David,

t> I'm a bit confused by Remote Desktop. Does that really change
t> anything, it's still running on the server isn't it?

it is, but in a different session (window station), which means it
can't do IPC with the Firebird service, at least not with Firebird's
default settings. IPC is used by the local protocol, which I guess is
why you had to switch to TCP/IP.

Ciao
--
Nando Dessena
I support Firebird, I am a Firebird Foundation member!