Subject Re: [firebird-support] Help with SQL
Author Svein Erling Tysvaer
Of course it is possible to do this without two queries, though if your
tables are big, I do not guarantee decent speed.

SELECT * FROM ORDER O1
WHERE O1.customer_id IN (SELECT FIRST 25 C.customer_id FROM customer C)
AND NOT EXISTS(SELECT * FROM ORDERS 02
JOIN ORDERS O3 ON O2.customer_id = O3.customer_id
WHERE O1.customer_id = O2.customer_id
and O1.order_date < O2.order_date
and O2.order_date < O3.order_date)

I did not bother to change what you said worked OK (the IN part), and
assumed that no-one placed more than one order on the same date.

HTH,
Set