Subject Re: [firebird-support] Connection problem for Classic in Debian Sarge
Author Milan Babuskov
Leonardo Cosmai wrote:
> I've a debian sarge box with classic firdbird server. I've a strange
> behaviour: when I connect to my database with isql, no other
> connection is possible (both locale and remote). The second
> connection simply waits until I quit from isql.
>
> Installed packages:
> firebird2-examples/stable uptodate 1.5.1-4sarge1

Version 1.5.1 is quite outdated. Also, I found that the Debian package
has some strange quirks. I never managed to find out why it happens, but
it does behave strange. In any case, any problems should first be
reported to Debian package maintainer before coming to this list.

To solve the problem quickly, install the official Firebird package
(latest 2.0.x or 1.5.x) from Firebird's website and enjoy.

--
Milan Babuskov
http://www.guacosoft.com