Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Disconnected User
Author Bogusław Brandys
Alan McDonald wrote:

> > > snip..
> > > when this situation is apparent, have you tried looking at the task
> > > manager|process list to see if you application is still active?
> > > I have a similar setup and I know the "citrix boys" have "said" they
> > have
> > > made citrix release ALL resources when a session is lost. I am yet
> > to see
> > > this in the flesh as you are describing but I wonder if task
> manager and
> > > killing the application process is possible in lieu of
> stop/starting the
> > > fbserver process?
> >
> > No - I havn't given't that a thought.
> >
> > I'll try looking to see if the appl. is still running.
> >
> > Thx Alan.
> >
> > Michael
> > > Alan
> > >

> as for license serving, if I were needing to limit users, I would build my
> own (separate) license server for the purpose.
> Alan

That's true.Look what Microsoft is using for example for Windows OS.
If you are bound to connections limit you will always have problems, but
if you can bound limit to data itself you can use all Firebird
features.For example you can limit access per departments count stored
in database.

Regards
Boguslaw