Subject Re: Mac OS X - Firebird-CS-2.0.pkg - how to start?
Author David Savill
OSX has a built in firewall, if its on you need to allow 3050 before anything.

After that, some ideas for you...
In the Linux world xinetd controls Classic Server, same for OSX I belive.

Check that there is an entry for firebird in /etc/xinetd.conf

As I understand it, you start an xinetd service in OSX by using something like /sbin/
service firebird start. Although a restart should do this.

Hope that can point you in the right direction.

David.