Subject Re: unattended firebird backup
Author p_b_turner
sorry for the delay.....

quite certain it's not the gbak command itself, but rather something
having to do with either XP or my account on XP. tried this on my
home machine (win 2000 pro), both logged in and not, and in both
cases, it worked. sent the batch file to myself at work. tried it
here and it only works if i'm logged in.

just in case....here's the script line....

note: our installation path is different from the standard -
c:\SNC\QADatabase, and the password is changed.

"C:\SNC\QADatabase\Firebird\bin\gbak" -b -user SYSDBA -pass
omnipotent "localhost:C:\SNC\QADatabase\Firebird\examples\employee.fdb
" "C:\SNC\QADatabase\Firebird\examples\test.fbk"

thanks,

pbt.