Subject RE: [firebird-support] FireBird 2.0.x UNICODE collation
Author Svend Meyland Nicolaisen
Hi

I posted this message on Monday but nobody have posted a reply. Now I wonder
if it is because it is because the questions were very good, very stupid, or
because nobody understood them... ;-)

Anyway any response would be much appreciated.

/Svend

_____

From: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Svend Meyland
Nicolaisen
Sent: 3. december 2007 11:56
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [firebird-support] FireBird 2.0.x UNICODE collation

Hi

I have been reading about the UNICODE collation for UTF8 I FireBird version
2.0.x, and would like to clarify if I have understood it correctly by asking
the following questions:

1) The UNICODE collation in FireBird version 2.0.x implements the UNICODE
UCA algorithm using the Default Unicode Collation Element Table (DUCET) with
no language or country tailoring?

2) It is not possible with version 2.0.x of FireBird to tailor the UNICODE
collation to specific language and country requirements?

3) It is in FireBird version 2.1.x possible to tailor the UNICODE collation
to specific language and country requirements, using the UCI library?

/Svend