Subject Re: [firebird-support] Help with GSTAT output
Author Helen Borrie
At 09:50 PM 28/11/2007, you wrote:
>> Right. I don't know why an automatic sweep isn't correcting the
>> problem. Commit retaining would hold up the oldest active, which
>> seems to be moving right along. A limbo transaction is possible.
>
>This is a single file database, no shadowing. I thought limbo
>transactions would only occur with shadowing?

No, limbo transactions can happen (and only happen) when they are across *multiple databases*. They are two-phase transactions that are left unresolved (on all databases involved) when the connection to one or more database is lost before the second phase of the commit is completed on all of them.

>Time for Backup & Restore?

Even just a backup with everyone off should do the trick, if there aren't limbo transactions involved. If they've never done a restore, or it has been a long time, then a restore would be very refreshing. :-)

./heLen