Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: consistency check for nbackup
Author Alexandre Benson Smith
heilsteffen wrote:
> Hi
>

>> Back-up and restore it with gbak
>>

> Is this really the only way to do a consistency check?
> I just switched from gbak to nbackup because some of the databases in
> question are huge, some have several gigabyte. gbak is really slow!
> And I have no need for the generated backup file!
>
> Regards,
> Steffen

The safest way is the slowest too :-)

If you wish a quick check for internal structure erros you could try
gfix, but if you want a full check (null fields in not null columns and
the like) the only way I am aware of is to use gbak (not only back-up
but *restore*).

see you !

--
Alexandre Benson Smith