Subject RE: [firebird-support] Does GBAK use temp folder?
Author Bob Murdoch
Sean,

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Leyne, Sean
> Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 1:54 PM
>
> Could you test running a backup to a single file in another
> (non-compressed) folder?

I ran the backup into a single file in a non-compressed folder and it
completed successfully. I guess we can conclude from this that
compressed files > 30GB cannot be relied on.

Now, having said that, I used to do the restore to a single file in a
compressed folder. We did not run into problems until the database
got to around 40-45GB, and then we would see intermittent failures of
the restore (I don't remember what the error message was).

Bob M..