Subject RE: [firebird-support] Any API to get the database size?
Author Yusuf Celik
Thanks Nando for the info.

Sure sorry about that next time I will do that.
I am using outllook to see all support mails.
Because, I deleted everthing including the subject.
From my point of view it is new message.
Just curiosity.
How do you know I replied an email?
And what difference does it make if I reply a mail and re-fill
everything?
Sorry if these are odd questions.

Regards
Yusuf CELIK

________________________________

From: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Nando Dessena
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2007 11:33 AM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] Any API to get the database size?

Yusuf,
would you please create a new message when opening a new thread,
instead of replying to a different unrelated thread? Thanks.

Y> Is there any way to get the database size from any client?

There's a isc_database_info call for that; it should be surfaced by
whatever API wrapper you are using. You should be able to get the page
size (isc_info_page_size) and the number of allocated pages
(isc_info_allocation) and multiply them to get the database size in
bytes.

Ciao
--
Nando Dessena
I support Firebird, I am a Firebird Foundation member!