Subject RE: [firebird-support] Does GBAK use temp folder?
Author Bob Murdoch
Sean,

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Leyne, Sean
> Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 10:46 AM
>
> > As a last resort, I gave the prompt the name of a new backup file
> > "E:\DB\2Database.gdb.bak". It seems that gbak is now backing up
> > that file (356MB as I write this), so it does not appear to be a
> > problem with free space on the drive.
>
> Is it possible that your system has disk quota restrictions
activated?

> > Is there a limitation to the size of a backup file that can be
created
> > with gbak?
>
> There is no size limitation/restriction in the GBak code.
>
> The limitations are now based on the file system capacities.

No, definitely no quotas. However, I did notice one thing - someone
had turned on folder compression for the folder that the backup files
were being stored in. I have searched, but unfortunately cannot find
any information on the max size of a compressed file.

The backup completed successfully with two files. I am therefore
going to assume that there is some limit to compressed file size, and
that we just went over that limit when using the 9x2GB + unlimited
backup file scheme. I'm going to change the script to 2x30GB +
unlimited, and see what happens.

thanks,

Bob M..