Subject Re: Correct Page Size for the database.
Author vincent_kwinsey
well - the general DB rule us - the bigger is data pages the bigger
is block size (for FB as far as I know - there is no option to
specify the differnet data page sizes for data and index data pages)
of b-tree index tree and this leads to smaller height of index and
this leads to smaller number of I/O operations required to use
index. From my experience- exactly the number of I/O operations is
leading to bad performance. Personally - I am using 4k.

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Dew"