Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Problem when starting the FB service on Win2003
Author Alexandre Benson Smith
Hi Adam !

Adam wrote:
> This problem is not one I have every faced, but I agree it looks like
> a policy problem. Is there a 'feature' to limit the number of
> connection attempts per second?

I haven't a clue about such policies limit

I don't know what is going on, but sometimes after a reboot FB is unable
to start (with the mentioned entries on the log) then I reboot the
machine and voila, it works again.

I think the windows instalation has some trouble or some kind of
corruption, and that's de cause for the frequent server reboots.

Or maybe a hardware problem (faulty memory for example) and that the
frequent reboots corrupted some windows file.

I really don't know, but I don't trust on that machine/OS.

> What user is the service installed as, and what sort of rights does it
> have? If it is not an admin type user, I wonder if there is now some
> sort of socket behaviour in a policy for non administrators.

Default instalation FB 1.5.2

Service uses "Local System Account" and the option "Allow Service to
Interact with Desktop" is checked

> Unless the UPS was added and immediately you had problems, I do not
> understand why that would be considered for such an error.

Sorry I just metioned the UPS because of the fact that on friday the
server was turned off to change the UPS, the admin guy said the server
was restarting because the old UPS was broke, and bought a new one. The
UPS has nothing to do to FB being unable to start, just the guy said
that the broken UPS was the reason for the server reboot.

But I disagree with him for a bunch of reasons, the main is that only
one server reboots and there is 3 servers on that UPS :-))))

> Adam

thank you !

--
Alexandre Benson Smith