Subject Re: Linux FC5 as FirebirdSS 1.5.3 server (client problems):
Author DrEntropy
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@...> wrote:

> At 07:09 AM 9/08/2006, you wrote:
> >Have all set as Class-C LAN; pings accepted all around, even by
> >host_name. Can use FlameRobin to edit/create users from a Win2K client,
> >retrieve server versions, but it REFUSES to connect to the
> >"examples/employee.fdb" from the client. Have just recieved Helen
> >Borrie's tome "The Firebird Book" and haven't found a good answer for
> >the "901 error". The "335544569" GDS code is not listed in the error
> >codes here.
>
> Yes it is. See page 1006. "Dynamic SQL error". In Fb 1.5.3, it's
> an SQLCode -902 error. But if FlameRobin is telling you it is SQLCode
> -901, your Windows client might well be using the wrong client
> library. Check that.
>
> >What should I post to give insight into what I've got wrong?
>
> Initially, show us your connection string. For a Linux server, it
> needs to be of the form
>
> host_name:/path/to/database
>
> ./heLen

fbclient.dll is in the firebird root and system directories. I
double-checked using instclient.exe q as per Page 108. It returns as
installed, with "<shared DLL count 1>". Date of file is 1/17/2006 1:05 AM

The connection string (in FlameRobin) is:
host-name:/opt/firebird/examples/employee.fdb

and as a second attempt:
host-name:employee.fdb

set up with the aliases.conf file.