Subject Re: [firebird-support] Linux FC5 as FirebirdSS 1.5.3 server (client problems):
Author Helen Borrie
At 07:09 AM 9/08/2006, you wrote:
>Have all set as Class-C LAN; pings accepted all around, even by
>host_name. Can use FlameRobin to edit/create users from a Win2K client,
>retrieve server versions, but it REFUSES to connect to the
>"examples/employee.fdb" from the client. Have just recieved Helen
>Borrie's tome "The Firebird Book" and haven't found a good answer for
>the "901 error". The "335544569" GDS code is not listed in the error
>codes here.

Yes it is. See page 1006. "Dynamic SQL error". In Fb 1.5.3, it's
an SQLCode -902 error. But if FlameRobin is telling you it is SQLCode
-901, your Windows client might well be using the wrong client
library. Check that.

>What should I post to give insight into what I've got wrong?

Initially, show us your connection string. For a Linux server, it
needs to be of the form

host_name:/path/to/database

./heLen