Subject Re: [firebird-support] 1.5.x setup bug
Author that.SelectedDude
> The test case is:
>
> Set up Ubuntu, install xinetd and Firebird from its (.deb) packages.
> Make sure xinetd is started. Everything should work.

That's one of the alternatives I've already checked out - negative,
unfortunaly.
- Firebird 1.5.3 would not work at any rate, but 2.0 would.

Details are in this question's history (I've tried both, the Ubuntu
installer and the native installer after having installed xinetd, and
rebooted).

I believe this is a bug in the Firebird 1.5.3 setup, to not create the
necessary initialization scripts to start the service.

Thanks
Robert