Subject Re: [firebird-support] [partially solved] How to start Firebird server, and how to connect (on Linux)?
Author that.SelectedDude
> I guess that will be because the firebird script for xinetd is not in
> place.

I guess that, too...

BTW, I was just installing Firebird 2.0 RC3 Super Server NPTL. And
that's what setup outputs:

> Adding system startup for /etc/init.d/firebird ...
> /etc/rc0.d/K20firebird -> ../init.d/firebird
> /etc/rc1.d/K20firebird -> ../init.d/firebird
> /etc/rc6.d/K20firebird -> ../init.d/firebird
> /etc/rc2.d/S14firebird -> ../init.d/firebird
> /etc/rc3.d/S14firebird -> ../init.d/firebird
> /etc/rc5.d/S14firebird -> ../init.d/firebird
> Starting Firebird server: server has been successfully started

These are those missing files in question, those missing links!
Whewhew! :-)

While I'm a Linux (and Firebird) newbie, I strongly believe that those
files should have been installed by the 1.5.3 setup, too (both by the
native installer from the .tar.gz package and by Ubuntu's .deb
packages).
I'm really wondering how anyone was able to install 1.5.3 under Linux...
(and I'm adding another three dots...)

Thanks anyway, Helen and Milan, for your great support and patience!

Robert