Subject Re: [firebird-support] Table size on disk - how to find?
Author Ann W. Harrison
PenWin wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I thought I could get at least the data size (not index
> size) by reading a number of pages from RDB$PAGES and multiplying it with
> page size, but the results seem to be way off.

That's because you're reading the top of a two-level data
structure. The pages listed as page type 4 in RDB$PAGES
are pointer pages - arrays of page number, where each
page number is a data page. Confusing the issue further
is the fact that overflow pages - blobs larger and records
larger than a page are not listed in the pointer pages.

Use gstat.

Regards

Ann