Subject Re: [firebird-support] Crystal sorting problem when "-" is included, from firebird DB?
Author bill_lam
Chris Voronin wrote:
> I don't know if anyone ever ran into this, but hopefully someone can shed
> some light onto this for me:
>
> When selecting via IBOConsole here is the order. (SELECT ID from EXAMS)
> BX
> BX-CB
> M-ADD
> M-SCR
> MRI
> MSCR
>
> But when selection is done via crystal reports then its:
> BX
> BX-CB
> M-ADD
> MRI
> MSCR
> M-SCR

Are you running Firebird? Or this also a feature of Firebird I don't know.
In SQLServer or Access, some special characters such as '-' are not counted in
index. so it become sorted or selected as
> BX
> BXCB
> MADD
> MRI
> MSCR
> MSCR

It said this feature allows words like 'un-install' and 'uninstall' becomes
equal for search textual data.

regards,
bill