Subject Re: [firebird-support] Issues with GFIX on Firebird 2.0 RC2
Author Ann W. Harrison
Mike wrote:
> Hello everyone. I am running Firebird 2.0 RC2 (NPTL version) on Linux
> Suse. Lately I have corrupted the database (still dont know how) and am
> getting message of the type : page ### wrong type, expected 5
> encountered 4.

Gfix isn't going to fix that database. The problem is that for some
reason you've got a pointer page that is being referenced somewhere
as if it were a data page. The IBSurgeon team might be able to recover
most of the data, but it's not the sort of problem gfix was designed
to handle.

InterBase V5.6 on Windows had a couple of bugs that allowed this sort
of problem to occur, but I haven't seen anything like this on Firebird.
Do you have any idea what could have happened?

Regards

Ann