Subject Re: Another "connection forcibly closed by the remote host" problem
Author Scott Moon
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Dimitry Sibiryakov" <SD@...>
wrote:
> Ok, in simple words: take your FB+Win2003, uncomment
> DummyPacketInterval and set it to, say, 300. Restart FB.
> I bet, it will solve (actually, workaround) your problem.
>
> --
> SY, Dimitry Sibiryakov.

Dimitry,
I guess I hadn't been "all over" the release notes as thoroughly as I
thought. I found the bug fix note in the v1.5.3 Release Notes that
says the DummyPacketInterval was finally solved in v1.5.2.

I have changed the setting to 300 and restarted as you suggested. I
have run one test so far with a 70 minute idle time, and the
connection was maintained. I hesitate to claim victory yet, but this
is the first time in over a month that an idle connection has been
maintained for over 60 minutes on the Xeon/Linux/VMWare/Win2003/FB
v1.5.3 configuration. I will continue testing and report back with my
findings.

Thanks a LOT for the heads up. We were seriously considering reverting
back to v1.0.3!

Scott