Subject Re: udf won't do what it should
Author martinknappe
So, does that mean there is no solution to my problem:
I have a database where all the char fields are of unicode_fss and I
am currently writing on a Delphi application that accesses this
database and I want my user be able to say
'replace any occurence of a certain sequence of characters in field X
(UNICODE_FSS) with a different sequence of characters'. Writing this
udf seemed to me like the most natural way to achieve this, but if
udfs dont support widestrings, then how could i possibly go about this?

thanx,

martin

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Dimitry Sibiryakov" <SD@...>