Subject Re: [firebird-support] Question on FB 1.5 on Linux
Author Ivan Cruz
Myles Wakeham wrote:

>We just put a Fedora Core 5 box into production, and right at the last
>minute decided to change the host name of the box. When it rebooted,
>Firebird came up with an error trying to write to one of the security files
>referring to the new host name.

Firebird error messages allways makes reference to host name, in the
first line of error message before date and time. Are you talking about
another kind of reference? What is the message issued?

>If one changes the host name on a Linux box, what must one do to make
>Firebird work with the new host name?

As far as I know, nothing on the server. On clients, when using names
instead of IP numbers, the connection string must change accordingly.

>Regards,
>Myles

Ivan.