Subject Re: Zebedee, Firebird, and Dynamic DNS
Author russellbelding
Hi Joe

I use Firebird and noip.org in a similar manner. A remote user
connects to a Terminal Server, getting an IP address for an ADLS
modem in front of the terminal server from noip.org or one of its
servers. The target terminal server sends its IP address to noip.org
on a schedule. The use of noip.org's service is only required to get
the current IP address of the target ADSL modem. After connection
noip.org is not involved. So it is unlikely to contribute to your
disconnection problem.

( We also had disconnection problems, without ZBD. With faster
connections speeds the problem has been reduced. )

HTH,
Russell

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Martinez" <joe@...>