Subject Re: [firebird-support] invalid request BLR at offset 383 BLR syntax error......
Author Ann W. Harrison
Leonardo Cosmai wrote:

> I'm working on a Debian Sarge (Firebird 1.5.1), and my PHP application
> goes in error with this message:
>
> invalid request BLR at offset 383 BLR syntax error: expected value at
> offset 383, encountered 18.
>
> This happens randomly.

One idea is to upgrade to 1.5.3, which fixes a bunch of bugs. Other
ideas will need more information. Firebird is not natively a SQL
engine. It runs a very general binary relational language called
BLR that was designed for machine generation. Constructions of
SQL, QUEL, and Data Language can be represented in BLR. So, your
error says that something went wrong in the translation of your
query to BLR... Now, that could be just your statement, though
that's unlikely. Or it could be a stored procedure. Or it could
be a reference to an external function.... If you can identify
the statement associated with the error, that would be a great
step forward.

Regards,

Ann