Subject Re: Another "connection forcibly closed by the remote host" problem
Author Adam
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Moon" <smoon63@...>
wrote:

> --- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Adam" <s3057043@> wrote:
> > Perhaps you could write a SQL Script that looks like this (from
the
> > problem workstation):
> >
> > select 1 from RDB$DATABASE;
> >
> > Then you can make a batch file that looks something like:
> >
> > "C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_1_5\bin\isql.exe"
> > servername:alias -user sysdba -password masterke -i
> > c:\path\to\script.sql
> >
> > Run the batch file to confirm it works.
> >
> > Now add it to the windows scheduled tasks to run every 20 minutes
and
> > see if you can duplicate your problem.
> >
> > Adam
>
> And then if the problem doesn't show up, incrementally increase the
> time between task runs until it fails?

You could do that. It will help you pinpoint the timeout that is
occurring, but will not tell you what is the cause of the issue,
could be lots of different places.

My next step (if the problem doesn't show up) would be to install
some service on the Firebird Server and periodically connect to that
service. If connecting to the other service prevents the Firebird
connection from having issues, then you know your problem is not
Firebird. For example you could install a ftp server, and every few
minutes log in and back out. Divide and conquer.

Adam