Subject Re: I am crying: cannot sort on a field that does not exists
Author vincent_kwinsey
Hi,

I have the same error message when making select from some tables.
There is excellent thread:
where ths type of error message indicates that maximum size of
select statement (64k under some special metrics) is achieved and
pepole suggest that they manage to avoid this message when some
fields are removed from select's field list.

I have different issue - there is no clear way to reproduce this
message. Users report that it appears after some hours of work with
data from one special table. When backup/restore is done - then
message disappers on some days and then - it is back again!! We are
using some tens of datbases with the same structure and approx.
similar load distribution on tables - but only on DB file
gives 'cannot sort on a field that does not exists'.

Can anyone suggest some to avoid this?

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@...>
wrote:

> At 06:48 PM 5/08/2005 +0000, you wrote:
> >Suddenly I am getting this error when selecting from a table
> >
> >SELECT * FROM SAFACTURAS
> >
> >Both from ibexpert and my application.
>
> What is the error? (9-digit error code and exact message, since
Firebird