Subject Re: [firebird-support] I am crying: cannot sort on a field that does not exists
Author Helen Borrie
At 06:48 PM 5/08/2005 +0000, you wrote:
>Suddenly I am getting this error when selecting from a table
>
>SELECT * FROM SAFACTURAS
>
>Both from ibexpert and my application.

What is the error? (9-digit error code and exact message, since Firebird
doesn't have an error message like "cannot sort on field that does not
exist[s]".

>Is that a sign of database corruption?

Well, it is true that you cannot sort on a field that doesn't exist. Is
SAFACTURAS a table? or is it a view containing a GROUP BY?

If the exception was isolated in IBExpert, one might guess that you were
using a version that was throwing an error from a system table query, due
to changes in the on-disk structures; but there is some other explanation
if you are getting the same non-standard error message in your own application.

>-Benton
>Using FB 1.0.3 on Red Hat Linux

What about the Windows client? Is it loading the correct version of
gds32.dll? Does it have a rogue interbase.msg sitting somewhere in the
application path?

./heLen