Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: GBak Param List
Author Helen Borrie

At 09:59 AM 15/12/2006, you wrote:

>Well what you want is the default settings, so just ** DONT USE THE
>SETTING **
>
>-USE_(ALL_SPACE)

Misleading. New databases are created with default settings for
attributes. GBak restores whatever attributes are set: it doesn't
revert to defaults.

BTW, the -use_all_space switch takes arguments: full | reserve
(which I've just realised I used wrongly in an example in another
post, since arguments don't have a preceding hyphen).

>The forced writes attribute is part of your database and is stored in
>the backup, so if you backup your database with asynchronous writes,
>it will restore with asynchronous writes.

It would be clearer to say: if you back up a database that has
asynchronous writes set (i.e. forced writes OFF), it will be restored
with the same setting.

./heLen