Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Firebird-2.0.0.12748-0-Win32.exe Problem
Author Helen Borrie
At 10:02 AM 12/12/2006, you wrote:
>Thanks,
>
>I am sure there must be a reason for this.

There is. Rick (and Ivan) showed you the offending line in your trigger:

EXECUTE PROCEDURE CheckAsmtCode (
NEW.AsmtCode1, NEW.PropID, NEW.ImprType_Code, NULL, 1)

RETURNING_VALUES (NEW.AsmtCode1) <<------------ HERE

[RD] This line of code tries to store a value in NEW.AsmtCode1. The
NEW.* values are read-only in an AFTER trigger.

>I will have to take a look at a bunch of triggers though.

Indeed, and you should validate your existing data, as
well. Although assigning to a NEW.variable in an AFTER trigger
didn't throw an exception in Fb 1.5.x, it was a no-op.

Wearing Moderator hat, may I ask that you clean up your replies to
postings to the list? Don't top-post; and please edit out parts of
the original message that you are not replying to, including all the
garbage that people and applications tack onto the end of message.

^heLen