Subject Re: [firebird-support] Casting a Date to a Varchar inverts its format?
Author Stephen Davey
Check the Regional Settings on your computer. Look at the date format.

----- Original Message -----
From: dr_bentonquest
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, December 08, 2006 12:29 PM
Subject: [firebird-support] Casting a Date to a Varchar inverts its format?

Firebird 1.5.3. here.

select invoicedate from invoices

invoicedate
-----------
01-01-2006

select cast(invoicedate as varchar(10)) from invoices

invoicedate
-----------
2006-01-01

Date format gets inverted and I don't want this. I need to concatenate
the date field to a varchar "time" field, like this:

invoicedatetime = cast(invoicedate as varchar(10)) || invoicetime;

But the result is:

"2006-01-01 09:21"

Same result if I do this (implicit conversion):

invoicedatetime = invoicedate || invoicetime;

What I need is this:

"01-01-2006 09:21"

What am I missing here and how can I accomplish what I need?

Thanks,

-Benton