Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Local Connection and Default Windows User
Author Helen Borrie
At 09:21 AM 7/11/2006, Adam wrote:

>Hi Guido,
>
>I do not have too much experience with local protocol because pretty
>much all my installations are either TCP SS/CS or embedded, bypassing
>your issue. I wonder though whether it is trying to write to some log
>file. By default, 'users' have no write access inside $PROGRAMFILES.
>Maybe you could try temporarily granting them access to the Firebird
>sub folder to see if it is something there.

This is only going to be an issue if the Firebird service has been
installed with an ordinary user as the process owner. It's the
process owner that writes to the log files. By default, localsystem
is the process owner unless you change it manually and localsystem
can go to more places even than Administrator.

I'm suspicious that there's something here that Guido has overlooked,
e.g., he is trying to make an IPServer login from a locally-running
remote desktop shell; or needs to double-check to see whether, at
some point, he inadvertently installed Classic; or some phenomenon
such as a combination of first user login on SS + a database file
with a ".gdb" suffix; etc.

./heLen