Subject Re: Application failing on customer's machine
Author Steve Harp
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@t...>
wrote:
> At 11:27 AM 15/08/2005 +0000, Steve Harp wrote:
> >--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@t...>
> >wrote:

> >We're both running the same executable and database. I'm using v4.3Aa
> >of IBO and the OldParameterOrdering value is commented out in the
> >Firebird.conf on both machines.
> >
> >I know that this machine previously had Interbase v7.1 installed.
> >This has been uninstalled and Firebird has been reinstalled since. Is
> >it possible the previous Interbase installation is still causing a
> >problem? If so, what do I look for?
>
> Client library? Message file?

I renamed the gds32.dll (which was Interbase) and copied fbclient.dll
into the system32 folder. I then renamed fbclient.dll to gds32.dll
and still get the same error. I then found that Interbase is still
installed on this machine. In earlier posts, I asked how to set up a
TIBO component to specify the port number and made changes to
firebird.conf and services files to make Firebird use port 3051. I
was never able to get this to work.

I'm only able to access the customer's machine via gotomypc so it's a
little tough to troubleshoot. If I could get Intebase and Firebird to
play nicely together, everything would be peaches and cream.

Steve