Subject Re: [firebird-support] Numeric(18,6) cause problem
Author Helen Borrie
At 08:10 AM 10/08/2005 +0000, Dane wrote:
>Good day,
>Recently, I converted my app from Delphi 5 to Delphi 7.1. All my
>tables on FB 1.5 with numeric(18,6) caused "unsupported feature" when
>I tried to save a record. Already upgraded to IBX 7.08. If I changed
>to numeric(18,4) then there is no error fired. Please advice how to
>handle this. Thanks!

From a light Googling it appears there is an "unofficial bug" in IBX 7.08
pertaining to overflows on BCD fields (yes, a traditional BCD field is
limited to a scale of 4). I see hints that 7.08 has a new type of BCD
field that can't be disabled without a code fix and package rebuild.

I guess you need to search a bit to find out if and when it will become
"official" and get fixed. It looks as though you're not allowed to "roll
your own fix" any more - quoting Jeff Overcash (the IBX maintainer): "You
are not allowed to rebuild any of the Borland supplied packages as per the
license." Surely he isn't talking about the InterBase Public License,
under which one uses IBX.

Anyway, getting off-topic...Delphi isn't really in the bailiwick of this list.

^heLen