Subject Re: [firebird-support] Store Blobs in Seperate Tables?
Author Aage Johansen
Shaq wrote:
> Is it best to store blobs in a seperate table? Does it increase
> performance any or is it negligible? I am storing photos from a web
> camera which are about 340k uncompressed in size.

Whichever approach you choose, there are positives and negatives. You
should be able to find many discussions on this in the archives for the
Firebird lists.
Keeping images in the database works fine. However, depending on a lot of
things, it might be more convenient to store them outside of the database
(I use both methods). There is no "best" method for every case.

--
Aage J.