Subject RE: [firebird-support] Server Services failures. Is this Firebird related?
Author Graeme Edwards
I have seen the same symptoms quite a few times on Firebird super server
1.5.2 usually on a
Windows 2003 server. The firebird server appears to be running and any
attempt to stop it
seems to send it into a "Stopping" state. It may eventually stop if you wait
long enough, 5 minutes
or more.

Using task manager to kill the Firebird Server process, and then restarting
it from the
services console does work, but is hardly a long term solution.

The only common thread that I could find in the firebird server freezing was
that there was a bug
in my delphi application that was attempting to attempting to make a
connection to the server
using Netbeui protocol where TCP/IP should have been used. Other clients may
have been connected
already using TCP/IP when the Netbeui connection was attempted.

As soon as the rogue Netbeui connection was changed to TCP/IP, we have had
no further problems with
Firebird server freezing.

_____