Subject Re: [firebird-support] Problems getting started with Firebird
Author Helen Borrie
At 06:22 AM 1/08/2005 +0000, you wrote:
>I am a new user of Firebird and am having trouble connecting with the
>example database, employee.fdb.
>
>I am currently trying Firebird in application mode, but get the same
>problem in server mode. I am running Firebird on the same computer I
>am trying to connect the database to. I get the following error;
>
>SQL> CONNECT "C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_1_5
>\examples\firebird.fdb"
>CON> user 'SYSDBA' password 'masterkey';
>Command error: CONNECT "C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_1_5
>\examples\firebird.fdb"
>user:'SYSDBA'password'masterkey'

If you are running Supersverver *and* you have a database named firebird.fdb in the specified directory, it should work.

If you are running Classic, you'll need use the localhost server; and if you meant the employee database, you'll need to get the filename of the database right!

SQL> connect "localhost:c:\program files\firebird\firebird_1_5\examples\employee.fdb" user 'sysdba' password 'masterkey';
Database: "c:\program files\firebird\firebird_1_5\examples\employee.fdb", User:
sysdba
SQL> connect "localhost:c:\program files\firebird\firebird_1_5\examples\firebird.fdb" user 'sysdba' password 'masterkey';
Commit current transaction (y/n)?y
Committing.
Statement failed, SQLCODE = -902

I/O error for file "C:\PROGRAM FILES\FIREBIRD\FIREBIRD_1_5\EXAMPLES\FIREBIRD.FDB
"
-Error while trying to open file
-The system cannot find the file specified.

SQL>

./hb