Subject Re: [firebird-support] Firebird-Server (1.03) crashes regularly
Author Milan Babuskov
Josef Gschwendtner wrote:
> in one of our apps Firebird 1.03 (SS) crashes in a regularly but
> unpredictable manner (on some systems once a month, on some other
> systems almost each day). The interbase.log file only contains the
> message "/opt/interbase/bin/ibguard: bin/ibserver terminated abnormally
> (-1)".

Firebird 1.03 has some bugs that can crash it. One that I encountered is
problem with using complex views. Perhaps you have something like that?
After I replaced all complex views with stored procedures, the crashes
were gone. Of course, you can try with 1.5 since these bugs are fixed in it.

HTH
--
Milan Babuskov
http://www.flamerobin.org