Subject Re: Increase database respond, make it faster
Author menjit_singh
The stock are not related between one and another. I will not do a
query across all stock. One stock tells one story while another stock
tells another story. the only query i will need is to get all of the
data (open,high,low,close,volume,date) of only one particular stock
at any one time.

By the way, how many tables does firebird support?

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Tonies"
<m.tonies@u...> wrote:

> Please respond to the support list instead of to me directly.
>

> > ok, understand. Lets say i create a table for each stock. So i may
> > have upto 2000 tables. i will have a master table that keeps
track of
> > all available stock tables.Each table is sorted according to date.
> > Will this be faster? How many tables does firebird support? can i
> > access multiple table at the same time?
>
> An index on "stock" could help.
>
> Is the data related in any way? Would you be needing to query
> across "stocks"?
>
> If so, keep it in a single table.
>
> Tables cannot be sorted. But you can create indices to speed up
> searching when asking for results.
>
> What kind of queries do you need?
>
> With regards,
>
> Martijn Tonies
> Database Workbench - tool for InterBase, Firebird, MySQL, Oracle &
MS SQL