Subject Re: [firebird-support] Help with embedded server and Delphi
Author Helen Borrie
At 11:39 AM 12/11/2005 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello all.
>

>I'm looking for some information as to how to use the embedded server
>(1.5.2) with Delphi (2005), but with little success. Is there any
>documentation about how to get started, or some website or some such?

Since I know you've been using Fb 1.5.2 with Delphi 2005 since at least
last May, I assume you're asking what you have to do differently with
embedded server. The answer is: nothing. The apps you wrote for the full
server will work with embedded. The difference is in the way you set up
the pieces of the embedded server. For this, there is a section in the
v.1.5 release notes.

Just make sure that your app doesn't try to connect through a tcp/ip or
NetBeui server - in IBO leave the IB_Connection.Server property as nil and
use the path or an alias in the Path property. If aliases.conf is in the
right place, the embedded server will find it.

./heLen