Subject Re: [firebird-support] Create Database Process
Author Myles Wakeham
> On 27-Jan-2005 20:34:19, Robert martin wrote:
> We use IBObjects to run the script but other components should be
> fine. We configure our connection but don't connect, point it to where
> we want the DB and replace the 'BS3' in the file with a valid Firebird
> path and name. Every thing works great.

Thanks for the information, Robert. We are attempting to do the same thing
(ie. Ship an application without a database, but have it create it when it
first starts up). 4th Dimension is a cross-platform RAD GUI tool for
Windows and Macintosh, and we have a legacy application that we are
converting in 4th Dimension to work with it and Firebird. We have developed
our own plug-in for 4th Dimension to work natively with Firebird. Works
like a charm, but now that we are trying to use it 'in real life' we are
dealing more with the strategy questions on how to address this.

Regards,
Myles

Myles Wakeham
Director of Engineering