Subject RE: [firebird-support] can't start named transaction at ISQL
Author Helen Borrie
At 11:32 AM 27/01/2005 +0700, you wrote:

> >No, it's for static SQL only. Use SET TRANSACTION with no name and the
> >isql app takes care of the handle.
>
>thank's Helen.
>
>But one more question.
>
>If I use 2 or more ISQL opened, then If is run SET TRANSACTION in every ISQL
>, is every transaction will look as different concurrent transaction?

Yes. But the same is true, even if you don't use SET TRANSACTION.

You don't have to use SET TRANSACTION at all in isql. Isql normally just
sets a default transaction when needed. You only need to start your own
explicitly if you want your transaction to have a configuration that is
different to the one isql would start (concurrency, NO WAIT, I think).

./hb