Subject Re: [firebird-support] Question about embedded server distribution
Author Helen Borrie
At 10:53 AM 24/01/2005 -0500, you wrote:

>At 3:16 PM +0000 1/24/05, Peter M. Jagielski wrote:
> >I have a question regarding the embedded server's other support files.
> > I've only included gds32.dll and my .FDB file with the app. I know
> >the docs state that there are some other files that *should* be
> >included. As stated, I have not included any other embedded server
> >files, and the app is functioning perfectly. Is this OK?
>
>We've run fine with just the gds32.dll.
>We've now added the firebird.msg file to our distribution so we get
>nice error messages from firebird vs just cryptic numbers.

Actually, it's recommended that you include firebird.conf and
aliases.conf. In the case of the config file, there might be something
that a particular site needs to configure specifically at some point; and,
ideally, aliases are the better way to do things if you are deploying your
apps to sites unseen.

./hb