Subject Re: [firebird-support] Question about embedded server distribution
Author Helen Borrie
At 03:16 PM 24/01/2005 +0000, you wrote:

>All,
>
>I have a small number of users testing a Delphi 7 app that uses the FB
>1.5.2 embedded server. The app and server are functioning perfectly.
>
>I have a question regarding the embedded server's other support files.
> I've only included gds32.dll and my .FDB file with the app. I know
>the docs state that there are some other files that *should* be
>included. As stated, I have not included any other embedded server
>files, and the app is functioning perfectly. Is this OK?

Yes, it's OK. But some installations of Windows are missing the (needed)
Microsoft C and C++ runtimes (msvcrt.dll and msvcp60.dll), which must be
present for the client to work. There are copies of these in the server
installation's bin directory...that should work with most Win
editions...but you can't know for certain. It's usually better to download
the relevant library pack from the MSN site.

./heLen