Subject RE: [firebird-support] Firebird on Linux how to check if there are any problems with the Linux configuration
Author Sudheer
Hi Govind,

There was a similar posting a few weeks back. Just search the archive at
firebird yahoo groups.
I think the default connection limit for classic on
Linux is 60.

HTH

Sudheer

-----Original Message-----
From: GOVINDKRISHNA [mailto:gkrishna@...]
Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2005 6:09 PM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [firebird-support] Firebird on Linux how to check if there are
any problems with the Linux configuration

Hello,

I have an application which runs fine when using Superserver on Windows
machine but give me a problem when running under Classic Server under Linux

I have an application which is working succesfully with upto 70 users on a
Windows 2003 (Superserver 1.03) server in many customers places.

The same application when running in another customers site where I
installed Classic on Linux Red Hat 8 occasionally gives problems. When it is
working fine it is very much faster than the Windows configuration.

Suddenly I will see 10054 errors and the application shuts down. the
interbase.log show 10054 errors. This seems to occur when most users are
concurrently logged in.

I first suspected Memory but the user double the Ram from 1 GB to 2 GB but
the problem still persists.

I am a Linux Newbie and wonder what I should check for. Any Hints?

Specifically is there a possibility that the number of TCP/IP connections
have been restricted on the Linux Server. If so, how do I check, what the
limit is and how many currently are in use.?

Any help greatly appreciated. This is one of those happens once in a way
bugs which is driving me crazy for the last 6 months

Regards

S. Govindkrishna
JL Infomatrix Limited