Subject Re: unavailable database
Author gnajar
Hellen,

I renamed the file extension to "FDB" and yet I get the same error; I
use IB Expert personal v2004.12.14, WinXP Pro with SP 2. I tryed with
2 small data base files I created using FB 1.0. I'm using the classic
server, and have FB running as a service.

Guillermo

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@t...>
wrote:
> At 12:44 AM 22/01/2005 +0000, you wrote:
>

> >Hi,
> >
> >I have the same problem; in my case I tried to open a GDB file I
> >created using FBird v1.0 under Windows 2000 Pro. Now that I have
> >Windows XP Pro, I downloaded FB from the link "25th December 2004
> >Official Windows Setup and Installer For Classic and SuperServer
> >V1.5.2 (.exe) (4.0mb) ", and when I want to connect to a couple of GDB
> >files from IBExpert and Delphi v6 UP2 (with InterXpress for Firebird)
> >I get:
> >
> >Attempting to connect to:
> >C:\Documents and Settings\Guillermo Najar\Mis
> >documentos\GNsis\Cursos\Curso ITESO\Especificaciones SI
I\Sistema\ST.GDB